Friday, May 15, 2009

whirl wind

I had orientation today. Reality is kicking in now that I have assignments to complete, books to read, and lots of red tape to work through before classes start. Oh and I have sooo many books to buy for just one semester, and I am buying scrubs for the first time ever. teal is the color requirement, like Listerine I guess-haha. I am so excited. I met everyone who is a first year at the program there are 20 of us, and we will have every single class together for the next 2 years. Most of us have similar personalities, which I hope wont clash. I assume a few will drop, because the course is extraordinarily heavy. My first semester has 16 credits, way to get started huh? during orientation we had a Q&A with 2nd years. I have been well informed that DH will completely take over my life. Most of them spend 14 hour days for school alone, and are always struggling to get good grades. A's are hard to come by because the material is very tough, but to stay in the program I have to get at least a 77% in ALL of my classes, so no slip ups! It shouldn't be too hard for me to maintain B's with some good studying, but oh how I love to earn an A! I am grateful that I am not a mom yet, because that would be much more challenging especially since I will be getting home at 9:30pm!!!!! Some of the students are moms, about half actually.

I am about to start an new adventure with Steven. We will both be starting our first year in very rigorous, time demanding programs. I know we both will reap good benefits afterward, which I want to keep in mind during the next two years when I become over whelmed. I hope that even with our busy schedules we can still have fun times together!

No comments: