Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Wonerful

Over all I had a wonderful weekend. Saturday I spent the day with a dear friend, Becky, and her baby Lilly. We watched Bride Wars courtesy of red box and ate Pizza and Ice cream sandwiches at my apartment. Then we went to her place to meet up with our husbands and eat dinner. We also played The Offcie Trivia Game. Steven won, because we were generous with his answers seeing as he doesn't watch the office as much. Im kind of thinking about buying the shows on ebay or something for cheap because I <3 The Office. But I'm reluctant, because I like not watching TV much. My life is more interesting when I spend my time living life,and not in front of the TV, which is 50% advisement anyway.

By far my favorite part of the weekend came very last. My massage. Completely unplanned. A family friend, Staci, came in town from Utah whom I haven't seen since I was a sophomore in High School, I believe. She gave me a wonderful massage to prepare me for spinal touch therapy. Spinal Touch is a way to relax muscles that are connected to the spine by triggering the parasympathetic nervous system, as I understand it anyway. The treatment involves lightly touching, so it is not like a typical massage. It begins with putting the sacrum back in the right position. The theory is that the sacrum is the starting point for good back alignment. Staci told me that I will slowly feel the results, and will know if it helps by 48hours. I am hoping for the best!

No comments: